This help section covers:
- How to use the menus;
- How to log into the Members area;
- Accessing the Apple-Q Publications including:
- Apple-Bug Magazine;
- Apple-Bug Selected Articles;
- Apple-Q HowTo Tutorials.
- Resetting your forgotten password;
- Changing your password.
How to use the menus:
For Macs (and non-touch-screen devices):
The menu titles with the down-arrow to the right of their names have sub-elements. To access the items within these menus move your mouse pointer over the menu heading without clicking. Clicking on the menu titles (or Sub-menu Titles) will give you detailed help about each of these items. Eg: Clicking on the Abyss Members heading or the Abyss Blogs Sub-menu heading will give you help about these items while clicking anywhere else will choose that item.
For iPads, iPhones (and other touch-screen devices):
The menu titles with the down-arrow to the right of their names have sub-elements. To access the items within these menus you will need to tap once on the menu heading. Tapping on the menu headings (or Sub-menu Titles) a second time will give you detailed help about each of these items.
Eg: Tapping once on the Abyss Members menu heading will bring up the menu. Tapping on it a second time will bring up help about this menu – the same with the Abyss Blogs sub-menu heading. Tapping once on any of the other menu items will choose that item.
Accessing the Abyss Members Area:
You can access the Abyss via the Abyss Login item at the top right (click or tap on it once):
Enter the email address you gave to the club next to Username or Email (or Username if you know it). If this is the first time you have logged into the Abyss Member’s Area, the password will be one sent to you via email when you joined. If you do not know your password please click on the Forgot Password? link. If you are having any problems please contact the Apple-Q Registrar using the form at the bottom of this page.
Once you have entered your password, click on the Login button.
There are also instructions on how to Change your Password in the Profile section.
Apple-Q Abyss Members Menus:
Once you you have logged in, you will now have access to a new Downloads menu plus a new expanded Abyss Members menu (at the top right):
These menus are:
Apple-Q Downloads Menu:
This menu allows you to download
- issues of our Apple-Bug Magazine;
- selected Apple-bug Articles;
- Apple-Q HowTo Tutorials;
- Search all downloads.
Full details are available by selecting the Downloads menu heading.
You will see the following additional items once you select this menu while logged in:
- Has a detailed description of the Members section of this site, its menus, contents, and how it functions.
- Where Members share, communicate, ask for help, and socialise.
- This menu item contains Apple-Q’s message threads (Blogs). The current blogs are listed below under Abyss Blogs Sub Menu.
- Subscribe/Unsubscribe to Apple-Q Emails.
- Modify your user settings including changing your password.
- Here you may reset your password if you are unable to login to the Abyss Members Area.
Full details are available by selecting the Abyss Members menu heading.
Abyss Logout: (select the menu item at the top right)
By selecting the Abyss Logout you are sent to the Logout page. Click on the Logout button to do so. To continue instead, you may either choose any menu item or the back-arrow to return to your previous page.